Posts Tagged ‘pheasant tattoo’
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
I was doing some research this afternoon about our blog’s traffic. Of particular interest to me were the terms folks used in search engines before landing at www.QuailBlog.org or www.PheasantBlog.org. It may sound like a dry topic, but I’ve found the results both fascinating and hilarious . . . of course I’ve been called odd before.
Here’s the list of key words that intrigued me:
- Pheasant Tattoos: Nothing says commitment like body ink. Take a look at the tat commitment of PF member Mark Garry for example.
- Tiffany Lakosky: Turns out being an attractive, well-spoken, female hunter and Outdoor Channel personality can build up a following. The fact she’s also the owner of the world shed dog hunting champion doesn’t hurt her search engine results either.
- Bird Dog Names: I’ve sort of made a name for myself in the blogosphere as a dog name aficionado. I doubt that I deserve the distinction, but it is one of my favorite conversations amongst fellow hunters, members and dog owners.
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever: You may find this hard to believe, but of all the bird dog breeds out there, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever is the most searched breed before landing at www.PheasantBlog.org. Is there a secret someone’s not telling me?
- How to Hunt Pheasants without a Dog: Taking the cake as the most often searched phrase (rather than single word or term). It turns out there are a bunch of folks interested in bagging roosters, but lack the assistance of canine companionship. Check out my top tips to success as a dogless pheasant hunter.
What about you? Do you frequently visit our blog page or did a search engine term lead you here?